Assessments and treatments are provided to both paediatric and adult populations. . Mandarin resources have also been specifically developed to treat communication disorders for this group of clients.
The following childhood communication disorders arising from autism, developmental delays and/or cognitive impairment are seen:
- Speech Sounds Disorder（发音困难）
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech （言语失常）
- Specific Language Impairment, Pragmatic Language Impairment （语言发展迟缓）
- Reading Disorders, Dyslexia （阅读障碍）
- Childhood Stuttering （儿童结巴）
The following adult communication disorders are also seen:
- Adult stuttering（成人结巴）
- TBI cognitive-communication disorders （脑部受伤后引起的失语症）
- Aphasia （中风引起的失语症）
- Apraxia of speech （言语失常）
- Dysarthria （构音障碍）
Therapy sessions are highly individualised and conducted mostly within a one-on-one clinic setting. Group treatment sessions and Conversation Partner Training are used with post-stroke and brain injured adult clients. The Speech Pathologist also collaborates with families and other involved professionals to further extend the clients’ communication goals to their daily, practical environments.